Tuesday, April 28, 2009

17 Again

  1. I've never been on the Zac Efron train. To be honest, I've never actually seen him act (outside of SNL a few weeks ago). I've also never really found him all that attractive. He's got the worst case of gayface this side of Chace Crawford, and I'm just not into that. (Gimme beards and burl, baby.) All that said, I think this kid is in the business for the long run. He really had some great comedic timing and did a great job with most of the emotional stuff. (His line reading at the beginning of the movie, "This baby is my future now." had me worried, but he came back strong.) Also, he's kinda hot, as long as he's not wearing that stupid, slouchy hat.
  2. Don't spend too much time trying to figure out the math of this movie. I've already spent the car ride home thinking about it, and that's thirty minutes too long because it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Matthew Perry and Leslie Mann have been married for twenty years, since she got pregnant, but their oldest child is a senior in high school and presumably eighteen. Whatever.
  3. Thomas Lennon was hilarious. He plays a software mogul with a black AmEx (sign me up!), who was Zac/Matthew's best friend. He coined my new favorite term ever ("Googlable") and his response to whether or not Zac/Matthew was a time-traveling vampire or cyborg was priceless ("Vampire wouldn't tell; cyborg wouldn't know.").
  4. I think it must be written in Zac Efron's contract that he gets to dance and play basketball in every movie. I so cannot wait for the scene in Me and Orson Welles where Zac takes Orson on one-on-one and then dances in victory.
  5. You guys, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I don't know why Eastwood, Gilliam, Cameron, and Jackson are even bothering to put out movies this year. 17 Again is obviously the best of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment