Thursday, September 10, 2009

Glee: Showmance

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the GLEEK campaign. On one hand, I like clever wordplay. On the other, I'm pretty sure that geeks pursue academic studies and dorks obsess over pop culture phenomenons.

So really, we should all be Glorks.

Four of my five are lines from the episode last night. Jane Lynch is so hysterically perfect as Sue, the Cheerios' coach, it's not even fair to other supporting actresses in comedies this year. Yeah, it's September and I just said that. Straight up.
  1. Jane Lynch: It is my strong recommendation that both of these students be hobbled.
  2. Jane Lynch: I'm not sure there's anyone else who's going to swim over to your island of misfit toys.
  3. Jane Lynch: Threatening you? Oh no, no, no. Presenting you with an opportunity to compromise yourself? You betcha.
  4. Jane Lynch: That was the most offensive thing I've seen in twenty years of teaching, and that includes an elementary school production of Hair.
  5. I was grinning like a fool through the "Gold Digger" scene. I could watch it OVER and OVER and OVER.w It was so cheesy, but I LOVE the cheese. Mr. H, who happens to be pop culturally lactose intolerant, was not so impressed by the musical interludes. But his heart has grown three times larger since we watched Lars and the Real Girl, so there's hope for him to become a Glork yet.
You can watch the full episode here. And I highly recommend that you do. Even if you were a little so-so after the pilot episode last spring (and I'll be honest here, I was a little), Glee has far exceeded my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment